Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Downy dunk for knock-off dolls

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cmd210's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone done the downy dunk on a cheap/knock-off doll? Here is why I ask: I bought a couple of cheap 18" dolls from JoAnn's about 5 years ago and I would like to fix them up to give away. I want to make a few dresses for each of them and give one to my 8 year old cousin and donate the other as a Christmas gift later this year (If I start now, hopefully I will have it done by Christmas. However, their hair is horrible and I cannot brush through it. Would a downy dunk help make their hair softer and easier to comb, even though the hair is made of a much cheaper material than AG? I really don't have anything to lose, except a fun project to work on this year.

  2. #2
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    It doesn't matter a bit. Look at my restoration album, it isn't with a AG doll. None the less, the results are the same. A doll is a doll

  3. #3
    Inactive Member PhDfamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for asking. I was wondering the same thing.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cmd210's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 16th, 2004
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great, I have hope for these girls now. I will definately pick up some downy tomorrow at lunch and throw them a "spa party" this weekend.

    My only other question right now is at what point do you brush out the hair? Before or after you rinse out the downy?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •